söndag 11 juli 2010

Totally bogan, mate.

11/7 - 2010

Today's TV-serie: Black Books
Today's food: Double Cheeseburger from Hungry Jacks.

I'm going to write this in English, since it's a bit special and so that Matt (and Michael!) can read it properly. :)

So, my one-week break is almost over. On Monday it's time to drag my ass to school and get creative under pressure again. Though I do really love my school, but one more week wouldn't have hurt ;D

Anyway, I had the greatest time during these last couple of days. As you know, me and my best Aussie-friend Matty went to his house this Tuesday. He lives in a place called Pomona, that's around 2 hours north of Brisbane. We left early in the morning to get a ride from his dad, and before we went to his house we stopped at Noosa Beach. It was a sunny, beautiful day outside, and I got to enjoy a real Aussie-beach for the first time. Didn't swim though, but I will before I go! That, and try surfing. You can't go to Australia and not surf!

I guess that we were both a bit tired from the early morning and the long car drive, because we spent the rest of the day playing games. Mario Cart, Mario Party, etc. We also went out for a walk before it went dark, and I got to see a bit more of the Aussie-country side;


In the 'outback'. Well, at least as much outback as it gets for me at the moment!

The next day, Wednesday was probably the best day I've had since I got here. We went to Australia Zoo and I got to see soooo many Australian animals (and some non-Aussie too). I fed and patted the kangaroos, which I will remember for the rest of my life. So darn cute, these animals. And soft! Same goes for the koalas, which were (of course) a bunch of sleepy-heads, but cute ones. I also fed an elephant (a bit scary), and saw dingoes, utters, a tiger, snakes, birds, crocodiles... The list goes on. 



Happy_Anah






♥ 


Crikey!







And oh, credit to Matt who acted photographer all day! Thank you ♥

Fun day, oh yeah. I was exhausted when we went home at five, when they close the zoo. And oh, Matt got mistaken for being Swedish when we were patting the big emu. That was fun! xD Appearently Swedes don't know how to use the pedestrian sidewalk, hahaha.

The final day we went back to Noosa beach and walked up a bit on a mountain so that we could get a good view of the beach. It was incredible, sand and sea stretching all the way as far as I could see, mixed with green forests. I get now why Aussie beaches are the best in the world!




3 days went by fast. Way too fast. I had such a good time. (Hey Matt, I am secretly in love with your family... :D I can see where you get your sweetness and kindness from!). 
But it was sadly time to go home, and we took the train back at 5 PM and arrived back in Brisbane a bit after 7 PM. 

I would love to go back, especially to Noosa beach when it gets a bit warmer. I realize now that I have so many things to do before I go back home. Sometimes I think that one year is long enough, and sometimes I just get the idea in my head that I never want to leave this place. Seriously, I love this country. Not only is it beautiful and exotic, but the people are the nicest I've ever met. And not to mention that there's so much to do and see! I hope to be doing some more stuff when my dad and my sister gets down here in December. 

Had a talk today with my dad about me going here, and I agree with him when he says that it was a really, really good choice for me to go here. If I could go back in time when I was debating if I should go or not, I would totally do it all over again. These 5 months has really turned my life around for the better and given me memories for life. 

Woah, I guess I'm feeling a bit sentimental. Well, at least I'm being honest. I'm gonna miss everything when I go back.
It's 1:30 AM now and I'm pretty dead from Skyping all evening, so I'll go to bed now and tomorrow I'll be up early to work on my assignment. Sigh. Goodnight!

/Anah ♥

2 kommentarer:

  1. Sounds like one hell of a trip! Felt like you really needed that =). Awesome that you've got to see all that awesome stuff. :) Hope we could do something similar sometime <3

    Love ya' ♥

    SvaraRadera
  2. Sounds awesome! And about damn time this site went International. I've been a fan since day one and Google can only do so much! Like I think once it made it say: Chocolate burger starfish mud reef. Obviously this is a lie to exaggerate my point, but still. Glad you're having fun! I'm gonna go have diarrhea now.

    Rawr <3

    SvaraRadera